WordPress started out as “blog software” – an easy yet robust platform for maintaining blogs. It still is. In fact, it’s the #1 blogging platform used today.
But it’s not just for blogging anymore. It’s evolved into a Content Management System that’s being used for every type of website imaginable – from basic corporate sites to eCommerce stores and private membership sites.
Here’s why the Home Page Construction Company is using WordPress to build our client’s websites:
- WordPress is easy to install. Most web hosts are capable of running WordPress and installation takes just a few minutes. Plus, you can use it under your own domain name and web host. You no longer need a separate website and blog – integrate them with a WordPress website!
- WordPress is easy to use. It must be – at least 15 million people have created blogs and/or websites with it! In no time flat, you’ll be posting on your blog and, with the help of the Headway theme the HPCCo crew uses, you’ll be making basic changes to your website – yourself.
- Search engines love WordPress. As soon as you publish a new blog post or make changes to your WordPress website, the search engine bots grab it up. It’s one of the least expensive forms of marketing you can do online.
- WordPress is free and open source. I’m sure you know what “free” means, but do you know about “open source” software? Open source means that the source code for WordPress is available for anyone to look at. That means software developers can create small applications that work seamlessly with WordPress and those applications give your website/blog more features and options than you can imagine.
- WordPress content is available by RSS feed. That makes it easy for your clients to keep track of new blog posts and product announcements.
- WordPress themes can make site customization easier than ever before. And with the new generation of themes like Thesis and Headway, ease in customization has taken on a whole new meaning. See why the HPCCO crew is using Headway in the sidebar.